Why work for Sure?
We’re a major employer in Guernsey and a rapidly growing business in Jersey and the Isle of Man.
Across the islands, we deliver mobile, broadband, fixed line, data centre and enterprise solutions to consumers, corporate and public sector clients as well as carrier services to other telecoms providers around the globe.
This diverse customer base means that we offer a wide range of career opportunities - from corporate and retail sales and customer support, to engineering, product design and network design and consultancy. As you may expect we also have significant IT, marketing, finance, HR and facilities management support functions, all integral to our business.
Here are the top reasons why we can offer our employees a highly rewarding career:
- You’ll work in a fast-paced, technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We are part of the global Batelco Group, which operates across 14 markets internationally in locations as diverse as Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Maldives, Diego Garcia, St. Helena, Ascension Islands, and Falklands.
- We’re big enough to offer you the security and career progression that you want, but small enough that you can make a real difference to other islanders, and enrich the lives of our customers.
Visit our Careers page on LinkedIn to view our latest vacancies, or if you are a school or college leaver read more about our apprenticeship scheme the Sure Academy below.
What is the Sure Academy?
The Sure Academy is a two-year paid employment programme. It is part of our commitment to offer local people a channel into the workplace and provide an opportunity for bright, enthusiastic and motivated school and college leavers to join our business and gain practical training, an internationally recognised qualification and a high quality experience that will lead to an exciting and challenging career.
Why would you want to join the Sure Academy?
As well as the top reasons above;
- You’ll be earning money while gaining experience and getting practical ‘on the job’ training, which can be a great alternative to University.
- You'll work in a fast-paced technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We’ll sponsor you to gain an internationally recognised qualification - all while getting paid!
- It’s the starting point for a fantastic career!
What would you be doing?
The three Academy schemes offered are:
Sure Commercial Academy
New in 2016, the Commercial Academy scheme will give an insight in to our Product, Marketing and Business Sales divisions. Find out how Sure products are researched, designed and delivered to our customers, how we develop marketing campaigns for our products, services and brand as well as supporting our Business Sales Team in managing existing and new Small to Medium Business accounts.
Sure Finance Academy
The Sure Finance Academy is open to individuals who would like to work in a fast-paced commercial environment within the Finance area. In this scheme you will spend time within Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Performance & Assurance and Financial Control. We'll also give you the opportunity to study for an industry-relevant qualification during your placement.
Sure Technical Academy
The original Academy scheme has been running successfully for a number of years, and many past Academy members now work in permanent roles within Sure, proving the ideal stepping stone to a long term career in telecommunications. You'd spend time with Sure's engineering teams across our mobile, fixed and corporate business lines and in a customer support role within retail, gaining experience in both technical and commercial environments. This role would suit someone with an advanced level qualification such as GCE A Level, BTEC or NVQ, ideally in an IT-based subject.
How long is the scheme?
The scheme is a two-year programme.
What is required to apply?
The Sure Academy is a two-year programme and might be for you if you:
- are based in Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man.
- are age 17 or over, seeking a career in engineering and/or telecommunications.
- have passed an advanced qualification such as A Levels, Baccalaureate, BTEC or NVQ, most probably in a science, engineering or IT related subject.
- would like to continue your studies and gain an internationally recognised technical qualification (sponsored by Sure).
How can you apply?
If you are interested in finding out more please get in touch with us by email to [email protected].