Why work for Sure?
We’re a major employer in Guernsey and a rapidly growing business in Jersey and the Isle of Man.
Across the islands, we deliver mobile, broadband, fixed line, data centre and enterprise solutions to consumers, corporate and public sector clients as well as carrier services to other telecoms providers around the globe.
This diverse customer base means that we offer a wide range of career opportunities - from corporate and retail sales and customer support, to engineering, product design and network design and consultancy. As you may expect we also have significant IT, marketing, finance, HR and facilities management support functions, all integral to our business.
Here are the top reasons why we can offer our employees a highly rewarding career:
- You’ll work in a fast-paced, technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We are part of the global Batelco Group, which operates across 14 markets internationally in locations as diverse as Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Maldives, Diego Garcia, St. Helena, Ascension Islands, and Falklands.
- We’re big enough to offer you the security and career progression that you want, but small enough that you can make a real difference to other islanders, and enrich the lives of our customers.
Visit our Careers page on LinkedIn to view our latest vacancies.
In addition to our career opportunities at Sure, we also have a number of student opportunities if you are a school or college leaver read more below.
Sure Bursary Specifically for Women
A brand new bursary will assist motivated and ambitious women who are passionate about technology and will be attending university to study a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) related degree.
Sure bursary students will receive £1,500 a year to support their studies over the course of a three-year degree, six weeks’ paid work experience annually and ongoing support from female mentors in a range of senior positions at Sure. To apply submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Applicants will be assessed against their future career aspirations, passion for learning, entrepreneurial mind-set and aptitude for team work.
Sure Graduate Scheme
In September 2019, Sure is launching its first Graduate scheme for students interested in a digital career within our innovative and exciting industry.
The graduate opportunity forms part of our long-term commitment to offer local people a channel into the workplace. It is a 2-year paid opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our business, with the potential to complete a placement with our colleagues in the South Atlantic. Graduates will gain practical training and a high quality experience that can lead to an exciting and challenging career. Whilst completing this graduate scheme, you will have the opportunity to study for professional qualifications relevant to the industry such as ITIL, Cisco and VMWare keeping you up to date with the latest information in the industry.
The programme involves a rotation around the Sure business covering areas such as Service Operations Centre, Cloud Services and Professional Services.
The Sure Graduate Scheme is open to anyone from the age of 20, who has a full clean driving licence, good communication skills with the willingness and ability to provide excellent customer service. Applicants must hold or be close to completing a foundation degree or BSC/BA level qualification in a technology or science subject relevant to the ICT industry”.
To apply submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sure Academy Opportunities
What is the Sure Academy?
The Sure Academy is a two-year paid employment programme. It is part of our commitment to offer local people a channel into the workplace and provide an opportunity for bright, enthusiastic and motivated school and college leavers to join our business and gain practical training, an internationally recognised qualification and a high quality experience that will lead to an exciting and challenging career.
Why would you want to join the Sure Academy?
As well as the top reasons above:
- You’ll be earning money while gaining experience and getting practical ‘on the job’ training, which can be a great alternative to University.
- You'll work in a fast-paced technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We’ll sponsor you to gain an internationally recognised qualification - all while getting paid!
- It’s the starting point for a fantastic career!
What would you be doing?
You would spend time working in both our Technology and Information Services, which includes areas such mobile engineering & networks, Service Operations Centre, Professional Services, Cloud Services and in our Retail team.
This will give you experience in both technical and commercial environments, as well as an understanding of the Company as a whole.
In year two, you will also be sponsored by Sure to study towards an internationally recognised qualification.
There are a number of qualifications available to you, depending on what you would like to specialise in - don’t worry if you don’t know right now what interests you most, during year one of the programme you will work on a variety of projects which will help you decide which area you are most interested in.
How long is the scheme?
The scheme is a two-year programme.
What is required to apply?
The Sure Academy is a two-year programme and might be for you if you:
- are based in Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man.
- are age 17 or over, seeking a career in engineering and/or telecommunications.
- have passed an advanced qualification such as A Levels, Baccalaureate, BTEC or NVQ, most probably in a science, engineering or IT related subject.
- would like to continue your studies and gain an internationally recognised technical qualification (sponsored by Sure).
If you are interested in finding out more please get in touch with us by email to email@example.com.