Why work for Sure?
We’re a major employer in Guernsey and a rapidly growing business in Jersey and the Isle of Man.
Across the islands, we deliver mobile, broadband, fixed line, data centre and enterprise solutions to consumers, corporate and public sector clients as well as carrier services to other telecoms providers around the globe.
This diverse customer base means that we offer a wide range of career opportunities - from corporate and retail sales and customer support, to engineering, product design and network design and consultancy. As you may expect we also have significant IT, marketing, finance, HR and facilities management support functions, all integral to our business.
Here are the top reasons why we can offer our employees a highly rewarding career:
- You’ll work in a fast-paced, technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We are part of the global Batelco Group, which operates across 14 markets internationally in locations as diverse as Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Maldives, Diego Garcia, St. Helena, Ascension Islands, and Falklands.
- We’re big enough to offer you the security and career progression that you want, but small enough that you can make a real difference to other islanders, and enrich the lives of our customers.
SOC Support Technician
Visit our Careers page on LinkedIn to view more of our latest vacancies, or if you are a school or college leaver read more about our apprenticeship scheme the Sure Academy below.
What is the Sure Academy?
The Sure Academy is a two-year paid employment programme. It is part of our commitment to offer local people a channel into the workplace and provide an opportunity for bright, enthusiastic and motivated school and college leavers to join our business and gain practical training, an internationally recognised qualification and a high quality experience that will lead to an exciting and challenging career.
Why would you want to join the Sure Academy?
As well as the top reasons above;
- You’ll be earning money while gaining experience and getting practical ‘on the job’ training, which can be a great alternative to University.
- You'll work in a fast-paced technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We’ll sponsor you to gain an internationally recognised qualification - all while getting paid!
- It’s the starting point for a fantastic career!
What would you be doing?
You would spend time working in both our Technology and Information Services, which includes areas such as IP Support, mobile engineering & networks and in our Retail team.
This will give you experience in both technical and commercial environments, as well as an understanding of the Company as a whole.
In year two, you will also be sponsored by Sure to study towards an internationally recognised qualification.
There are a number of qualifications available to you, depending on what you would like to specialise in - don’t worry if you don’t know right now what interests you most, during year one of the programme you will work on a variety of projects which will help you decide which area you are most interested in.
How long is the scheme?
The scheme is a two-year programme.
What is required to apply?
The Sure Academy is a two-year programme and might be for you if you:
- are based in Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man.
- are age 17 or over, seeking a career in engineering and/or telecommunications.
- have passed an advanced qualification such as A Levels, Baccalaureate, BTEC or NVQ, most probably in a science, engineering or IT related subject.
- would like to continue your studies and gain an internationally recognised technical qualification (sponsored by Sure).
When and how can you apply?
- Spring - information about the Sure Academy is presented to local schools and colleges, as well as the local Education Department
- June - deadline for applications
- July - we hold a series of interview and selection days
- September - Sure Academy members join Sure
If you are interested in finding out more please get in touch with us by email to email@example.com.